Recipe by Joyfully Serve
This was inspired by a recipe in the Sweet Potato Queens cookbook but its so different now I decided it needed a new name :) I serve it with warm tortillas or cornbread and turnip greens.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Nice change of pace for corn casserole. We really enjoyed the saffron-seasoned rice combined with the corn mixture. Nice and filling -- served this dish with a pecan-crusted chicken breast and a side salad. Will definitely make again. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag yellow rice (Mahatma Saffron Seasoned)
- 2 tablespoons butter (not margerine)
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup cheese, cubed (Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack)
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans sweet corn, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup (Campbell's Southwest-Style Pepper Jack)
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- gather up two saucepans, measuring spoons, measuring cups, a spoon, a knife, a can opener, and a baking dish.
- boil water and butter in one saucepan.
- add rice and reduce heat.
- simmer 20 minutes.
- cube cheese.
- combine cheese, sour cream, soup, and corn in other saucepan.
- stir until cheese is melted.
- add pepper to taste.
- combine rice and cheese mixture.
- pour into a baking dish.
- bake 20 @ 350.