Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Great chili--this one will stick to the ribs on cold winter days. Easy...hell yeah.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 tablespoons of ground red chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups water
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic, cook until onion is translucent.
- Add meat to the pot and break up any lumps in the pot. Stir occasionally until meat is evenly browned.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until the green peppers.
- Bring to boil, lower the heat to simmer, cover, cook for 2 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the green peppers and kidney beans and simmer uncovered for 1/2 hour.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and the bay leaf.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to your liking.
Nice--this didn't use any chili powder but I substituted some instead of the ground red chili peppers. I also added some chili pepper flakes. I added some extra tomato sauce . This tasted very good-albeit different. Thanks Rob!