Always the biggest hit at the party! I am asked to make this to every party I am ever invited to! You can make it spicy or mild, you control that by how much hot sauce or the peppers you choose. I tend to add peppers in the summer when I have them in the garden, I don't use them in the winter as they are so expensive once the weather starts to get chilly! It is a great app to make the night before, you can let the bean mixture sit for hours, the longer it sits, the better the flavors get!! Try this one, it is YUMMY!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small chopped bell pepper, any type any amnt
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash cilantro
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- water crackers
- Mash beans slightly and place in bowl.
- Add black olives, onion, peppers, olive oil, lime, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne, cilantro, and hot sauce.
- Refrigerate, covered for at least 2 hours!
- Spread cream cheese over the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate or something of similar size (shallow casserole dish).
- Spread bean mixture on top.
- Garnish with more fresh cilantro if you'd like.
- Serve with crackers or plain corn chips.