Recipe by pooknnook
Always the biggest hit at the party! I am asked to make this to every party I am ever invited to! You can make it spicy or mild, you control that by how much hot sauce or the peppers you choose. I tend to add peppers in the summer when I have them in the garden, I don't use them in the winter as they are so expensive once the weather starts to get chilly! It is a great app to make the night before, you can let the bean mixture sit for hours, the longer it sits, the better the flavors get!! Try this one, it is YUMMY!!!
Top Review by Isabella's Can Opener
I am making this for the up-coming 4th of July parties tomorrow and this weekend so I am making a triple batch. I wanted to put down what I have done so I won't forget. I will add the stars and finish this review after the parties are over.
I used dried beans instead of the canned, 4 oz canned diced chile peppers instead of the bell pepper (3 cans for the triple batch), Ground Chipotle instead of the Cayenne and Chipotle hot sauce (personal preference). As for the assembly part of it I combined the beans, Olives, onion and chile peppers. In a separate bowl I combined what I considered the seasonings (everything left besides the cream cheese and crackers) and whisked them together before mixing with the bean mixture. I mixed all together and checked for seasoning (so far so good) then packed it into the fridge in what I hope are party sized portions. The assembly part is very easy even in a large batch and no obscure ingredients to worry about. Based on what I have tasted as I was putting this together I can tell that it will be a winner after it marries for a while. (as long as I can stay out of it that long). Stay tuned to see how it went over at the parties.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small chopped bell pepper, any type any amnt
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash cilantro
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- water crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash beans slightly and place in bowl.
- Add black olives, onion, peppers, olive oil, lime, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne, cilantro, and hot sauce.
- Refrigerate, covered for at least 2 hours!
- Spread cream cheese over the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate or something of similar size (shallow casserole dish).
- Spread bean mixture on top.
- Garnish with more fresh cilantro if you'd like.
- Serve with crackers or plain corn chips.