Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A vegetarian snack, breakfast, lunch or even dinner. Very versatile. This is a recipe I made up just today. Also, if you do not own non-stick pans, make sure you spray with cooking spray or add butter/margarine, vegetable oil, canola oil to the recipe. Meat can be added if wanted.
- 1 egg
- 1 large tortilla
- 1 cup mild salsa or 1 cup hot salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sweet relish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon barbecue sauce
- Heat the frying pan and while pan is heating, take a small bowl and combine: Egg, salsa, relish, barbecue sauce, using a fork or whisk.
- Heat/warm the tortilla any way you wish, or leave it cold.
- Place egg combination in the frying pan and fry until thoroughly cooked. (Can be cooked omelet-style or scrambled. I prefer the latter).
- After thoroughly cooked, place the egg onto the tortilla and wrap like a burrito.
Way too much salsa for one egg. I ended up using 3 eggs with the cup of salsa and probably could have used 4 or 5.