Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My husband's cousin gave me this recipe at our reunion. It was nice to have something that wasn't lemon or chocolate for a change! Use whatever apples you have on hand, I'm sure the ones she used weren't the ones usually used for baking.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 3 cups chopped fresh apples
- Beat all ingredients except for apples and nuts.
- Once batter is well blended, fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour into lightly greased bundt pan and bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- I'm guessing a powdered sugar glaze would do well on this cake if desired. I'm sure someone will have a great idea for a topping!