Recipe by Rita~
Adjust the heat to you taste! Can be made as a side, or a light lunch or a main meal. Can be chilled for a couple of hours so the flavors meld together.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup silken firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 lb grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup asparagus, blanched and sliced 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro or 1⁄3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter on baking sheet.
- Add pecans and brown sugar. Stir.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add couscoucs to boiling water with soy sauce.
- Stir and cover let sit for ten minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add tofu, tomatoes, cucumber, asparagus, carrots, cilantro.
- In a small bowl mix together olive oil, lemon juice, cayenne pepper, garlic.
- Add dressing to couscous and toss.
- Top with glazed pecans and serve.