Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Deliciously light summer salad. I usually add grilled chicken at the end, to make a substantial work lunch. I always add more lemon as well, as I love lemon. This recipe is from a Sydney chef, Bill Granger, but I have changed it a bit. Original recipe is to serve cold, I prefer it warm.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lebanese cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook couscous as per packet instructions.
- Chop tomatoes in half and squeeze excess seeds. Chop roughly.
- Dice cucumber, skin and all.
- Finely chop spring onions.
- Mix all ingredients together in large bowl, and then it is ready to eat. Can be eaten cool or warm.
This was like a no-fuss tabouli. Super easy and just as tasty as tabouli. I took the other reviewers advice and added oregano, cumin and garlic. I used 1 c. couscous.
Really enjoyed this. It was simple, easy and I had everything on hand. Thanks for posting we will make again.
Excellent salad. So light and summery. WOuldn't change a thing.