Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from Good Taste Christmas magazine - I thought it sounded lovely for a different stuffing. This can be used to either "stuff" your turkey or bake seperately. If you try it let me know what you think!
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup water, boiling
- 50 g butter
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- salt & pepper
- Place the couscous in a large bowl, pour over the boiling water, stir with a fork. cover and set aside for 10 minutes until all the liquid has absorbed.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat until foaming add the onion, garlic, thyme and cumin cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- Season with salt & pepper - set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Stir the onion mixture, craisins, pistachios and parsley into the couscous - add the eggs and stir to combine.
- Stuff the couscous mixture into the turkey and cook until turkey is done or place in rectangular baking tin (or arrange into a 25cm long roll, about 8cm thick - roll up foil to enclose stuffing, place on a baking tray) and bake with turkey for approx 45minutes or until done.