Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe comes from the Cedar Hill Cookbook, and makes a refreshing summer salad. Great for brunch or a light dinner.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium oranges or 2 medium mangoes, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Heat orange juice to boiling in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat; remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in onions and carrot.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce on 4 plates and divide couscous evenly.
- Arrange avocado slices and orange sections around couscous.
- Drizzle salads with french dressing and sprinkle with sunflower seeds.