Recipe by Jennifer Michele
Tasty and pretty side dish.
Top Review by Anu
This is nice, but a bit plain. I seasoned it with a bit of salt and pepper at the end. I'm sure it would be a lot more flavourful with some sauteed or roasted bell peppers. Instead of using boiling water, I added plain water, brought it to a boil, added the couscous, stirred once, switched off the burner, covered tighly, and let it sit undisturbed for 5 minutes. It works every time, and the couscous is done just right!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, halved and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup couscous (I prefer the whole wheat couscous)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Saute onions until they just start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to saute about 5 minutes more, or until the onions become translucent.
- Pour in boiling water, stir and bring back up to a boil.
- Add couscous and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork when done.