Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just made this for lunch, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. No need for cous cous to be bland anymore! Serves 1--perfect for a solo lunch or snack! Fast and easy.
- 1⁄3 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (to cut calories, I prefer to use the fat-free spray "butter", gives the taste without the fat and ca) or 1 teaspoon butter (to cut calories, I prefer to use the fat-free spray "butter", gives the taste without the fat and ca)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- salt, to taste
- Combine chicken broth, olive oil, cajun seasoning, and salt in a small saucepan. Bring to just a boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add cous cous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy!
This is great with the cajun seasoning. It was perfect. I used olive oil. The cajun seasoning I use is from Club House. It's spicy enough. Thanks ckmclements :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
My husband made this for dinner, it wasn't bad but it lacked in flavor and I would suggest adding chives, garlic, or more spice