Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 750 g courgettes, halved lengthwise,cut in half
- 75 ml olive oil
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 125 ml water
- 60 ml dry white wine
- 5 ml coarsely ground green peppercorns
- 5 ml crumbled dried oregano
- Salt the courgettes and let them drain in a colander for half an hour.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Heat oil in a large heavy frying pan and sautι the garlic and courgettes over high heat for 5 minutes, tossing constantly.
- Add water, wine, salt and pepper and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes, shaking the pan a few times to prevent sticking, until the courgettes are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Sprinkle with oregano and serve at room temperature.