Recipe by mightyro_cooking4u
From Paula Deen.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
I unfortunately was not able to taste this after I made it. I brought it to my parent's house and now (2 days later) they finally got around to eating it! They said it was very good. They mentioned that they were not able to taste the seasonings I said were on it but I think that is because they ate it 2 days after it was made! I will rate this again the next time I make it and I actually eat it. I bet it will be a 5 star recipe. I gave it 4 stars because it looked so darn delicious and juicy coming off of the grill. I recommend this recipe.
- 2 liters carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 turkey legs
- 1 tablespoon paula deen's house seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill. Combine all ingredients, except House Seasoning and honey, in a large stock pot and bring to a low boil. Add turkey legs and boil for 30 minutes or until turkey legs register 165 degrees F. Put turkey legs on the grill, season with Paula Deen's House Seasoning and brush with honey. Grill over medium heat about 15 minutes, rotating occasionally as needed. The turkey legs should be crispy and golden brown when done.
- NOTE: Paula Deen's House Seasoning Mix is recipe #57340.