1 hr 20 mins
Perfectionist cook's Note:
This is an interesting and tasty variation of meatballs from a Greek cookbook, where half the mince meat is substituted with the contents of a spicy country-style pork sausage. The meatball tastes like sausage but is leaner and healthier. It tastes better if it is allowed to sit overnight before cooking so that the flavours can blend together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Carefully cut the sausage casings and scrape out all the contents into a bowl.
- 2Chop them so that they resemble mince and then add to the beef mince.
- 3Add breadcrumbs, egg, tomato paste, salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
- 4Combine very well with your hands making sure that you have incoorporated the sausage and the spices well.
- 5Allow to sit for 30 minutes in the fridge (or overnight for best results).
- 6Roll into long, oval-shaped meatballs and place in a greased baking tray.
- 7Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees celcius for 40 minutes.
- 8Serve with ketchup, mustard and a green salad. Yum!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country-Style Sausage Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.1
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 214.1 mg
- Sodium 1201.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 39.9 g