Recipe by silky
This delicious omelet should be served open-face and not folded.
Top Review by Bergy
Very tasty omelet. I cut it back to 2 eggs, added the cheese inside the omelet (I used Laughing Cow Lite). Unfortuneately I didn't have any chorizo but next time I will be sure to have some on hand. Lovely Sunday Brunch Thanks silky
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 slice smoked ham, diced (about ¼ lb)
- 2 chorizo sausage, simmered 5 minutes,then diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and finely diced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion (white part only)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler to a moderate heat.
- In a skillet heat 1 T butter and the olive oil; add diced ham and sausages and saute for about 2 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Remove ham and sausages and reserve.
- Add potato to pan; saute until soft and golden brown.
- Combine eggs with parsley and green onion; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in ham and sausages.
- Pour egg mixture into pan.
- Blend quickly with the potato and cook over moderate heat, shaking the pan a few times to prevent sticking.
- When the edge of the omelette starts to set, put the remaining butter on the edge of the omelette and tilt pan to let butter flow around it.
- After about 2 minutes, sprinkle omelet with grated cheese, put pan under a medium broiler to brown the top and melt the cheese.