1/4 Photos of Country House Brownies
I believe I found this recipe in one of my mother's old cookbooks as a teenager and made them so much that I practically memorized the recipe. It's one of my and my family's favorites. This is not your typical brownie. It's a different take on a blonde brownie--with gooey chocolate chips, crunchy walnuts and chewy coconut. They're best described as a sinfully rich chocolate delight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine butter, sugar, egg, salt, baking powder and vanilla.
- 3Gradually stir in flour (batter will be quite thick).
- 4Fold in coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts one at a time.
- 5Spread batter into a greased 9-inch brownie pan.
- 6Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- 7Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- 8Cut into squares and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country House Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.0
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 187.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g