Recipe by katie in the UP
I've never made this...but I have eaten it!! It was wonderful! (we had it at a wine and cheese party)
Top Review by Dinerisopen
Loved taste. Only gave 4 stars because the crust did not hold together well. Needed more butter. I used grated parmesan out of the can and would use fresh next time. I used double the country ham in smaller dice. For an appetizer I would reduce the amount of filling by half because it was too tall to make small slices. I could not imagine cutting this huge cheesecake into 12-15 servings and eating a whole piece at one setting. Very Rich. Everyone who ate it enjoyed the flavor.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups oyster crackers
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temp
- 7 large eggs
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1 cup cubed ham, 1/2 in cubes
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Brush 9 inch diameter springform pan with 1 tbls melted butter.
- Finely grind crackers in processor.
- Mix cracker crumbs, parmesan and 5 tbls melted butter in a med bowl to blend. Reserve 1/2 cup of crumb mixture for topping; press remaining onto bottom and sides of prepared pan.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and eggs in a large bowl until smooth.
- Mix in remaining ingredients, pour filling onto crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Place cheesecake on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until filling no longer moves in center when gently shaken, about 2 hours.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.