Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My Mother calls this goulash. Its not traditional goulash but it sure brings my family running to the table. Goes great with cornbread, sliced cucumbers and fresh green beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 bell pepper (Diced)
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (Drained)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- In a large Dutch over or skillet brown hamburger and drain grease. Add onion and bell pepper to hamburger and cook on medium heat until onion is translucent. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat.Simmer for about 10 minutes or till noodles are done.
This was really good, quick to make and even better that it is all done in one pan! Made as written and DH and I had a nice meal on a very cold night! Served with salad and garlic bread. Made for I Recommend Tag.
This was such a delicious dinner. We really enjoyed it. I have a similar recipe that calles for the macaroni to be precooked and drained, which is just another step and more pots to clean. This recipe cooks everything in one big pot, and that is so convenient. Thank you for sharing your recipe, cisquester. Made for Fall 2012 Pick-A-Chef.