Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is just a different twist on 2 Southern favorites. Cook, eat and enjoy!!!!!
Top Review by Elmotoo
JQ, dearie, my apologies...I've made these tomatoes twice with huge success & am just rememebring to post a review. Please forgive me! the 1st time, I made a huge batch & my littlest finished them for breakfast the next day. The next time, I mae a reasonable amount but dh was eating (made them at his request) & there were no leftovers! I haven't tried the okra - just tomatoes. I needed to use more than 1/2c oil. Thanks for posting!!!
- 1 lb okra, sliced
- 1 large green tomato, unpeeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup plain cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine okra and tomato in a bowl.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Mix the cornmeal and flour and toss the veggies in this mixture until coated.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over mediun-high heat.
- Add okra and tomatoes.
- Cook, stirring and turning occasionally, until crisp and browned- about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove okra and tomatoes to a serving platter which has been covered with a paper towel to drain.
- Serve and heat while hot.