Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend gave me this recipe I use to fix it often when our church met for Tue and Thur morning breakfasts. Of course I normally had to make a couple of them.
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 8 ounces pork sausage, browned and Drained
- 1 cup frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place crust on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle sausage around bottom of crust.
- Top with potatoes, onions, bell peppers and cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended; pour over sausage-potato mixture in crust.
- Bake 30 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked and crust is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese and peppers, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.
Just lovely! Thank you :-)
Doubled for my family and it came out perfectly. This is the first quiche that I've made that came out so perfectly. Thanks for sharing.
I didn't have any hash browns so I boiled some potato slices in butter and water, then layed them in there...they added a nice touch.