This dish is a true show-stopper with a gorgeous golden crust and layers of yummy goodness inside! It's perfect for dinner parties or hosting the boss, and fairly easy to put together. Enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the butter, sliced shallots and mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes to brown the mushrooms. Then salt and pepper to taste and add the wine. Allow the mushrooms to simmer until the wine has completely reduced and the mushrooms are nearly dry--about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut one sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Top each square with 1/4 cup of cooked rice--make sure to leave a border around the edges.
- Squeeze the spinach to remove any excess liquid, then layer the spinach over the rice. Sprinkle the spinach with a touch of salt.
- Once the mushrooms have cooked down, layer them on top of the spinach.
- Now top each stack with a half-portion of salmon. Salt and pepper the Salmon and sprinkle with fresh dill.
- Whisk the egg and brush it around the exposed puff pastry edges.
- Roll the second piece of puff pastry out to a slightly larger square. Cut it into four smaller squares. Lay each square over a salmon stack. Gently seal the edges by crimping with a fork.
- Brush the remaining egg over the tops. Cut a small vent in the top of each pastry.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the tops are golden!