Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from a cookbook put out by the FFA/HERO in Texas.
Make and share this Cottage Cheese-Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 potatoes, cooked, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pimentos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- Combine potatoes, celery, green pepper, pimento, onion and pickle in large bowl, mixing gently.
- Chill for several hours.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, dry mustard and lemon juice, tossing lightly.
- Fold in cottage cheese.
This is by far the BEST potato salad I've ever tasted!!! I didn't have any celery or dill pickles and used fat free versions of the mayo and cottage cheese, but it turned out with so much flavor and really hit the spot!!! Thank you so much for the delicious way to get some veggies in a snack!