Recipe by AmyZoe
Colleen Weeden, Test Kitchen Project Supervisor says her family has no idea she's using a brownie mix when she covers the brownies with from-scratch chocolate frosting and sprinkles on candy or chopped candy bars. Recipe courtesy of Midwest Living June 2010. Good stuff.
- 19 1⁄2 ounces milk chocolate brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 6 ounces M&M's
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- additional milk, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix up and bake a package of milk chocolate brownie mix, following the instructions on the box for a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Place the hot pan of brownies on a cooling rack.
- While those cool, mix up the frosting.
- Frosting: In a mixing bowl beat butter and unsweetened cocoa powder until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar.
- Beat in milk and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in 2 more cups confectioners' sugar.
- If you want a more spreadable frosting, beat in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Frost the tops of cool brownies.
- Use small chocolate candies or chop your favorite chocolate-covered candy bar and sprinkle over frosting.