Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick, hearty, tasty for those who love corn and pancakes. This is a re-creation of a family recipe my aunt made as a side dish for dinner when I was a child, and, later, my own mother recreated the recipe, making cute shapes, and serving for breakfast.
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can kernel corn, drained
- Preheat electric griddle to 350 degrees F, and spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix the first five ingredients until smooth.
- Mix in the two cans corn.Add a little more Bisquck if the batter is a little too runny; should be thick.
- Spoon batter onto griddle, making cakes 2-3" in diameter. Turn over when bubbles show throughout the cake, then complete grilling on other side until it is brown (should only take 30 seconds or so on second side).
- Serve as regular pancakes with butter, syrup, etc., however you like it--other things to try would be applesauce or grape jelly!