- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place in a bowl the unbeaten egg, sugar, salt, dry mustard, paprika, lemon juice and salad oil Prepare the mayonnaise base by blending together the cornstarch and water in a saucepan Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until boiling.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour this cream over the egg mixture.
- Beat with a beater until smooth and creamy.
- Keep refrigerated in a closed jar.