Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A cross between cornbread and a corn souffle. The outside will be crunchy with a moist inside. (Junior League cookbook)
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a medium-size cast-iron skillet and place in the oven to heat while you prepare the batter.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the corn, sour cream, cornmeal, salt, and eggs. Mix well. Add the vegetable oil and stir until blended.
- Pour batter into the heated skillet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.