Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light, September 2007
Make and share this Cornmeal Jalapeno and Fresh Corn Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in corn and pepper.
- Add buttermilk, stirring just until moist (dough will be slightly sticky).
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 2 or 3 times with lightly floured hands.
- Pat the dough into a 9-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Cut dough into 12 wedges, cutting into, but not through, dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.