1/1 Photo of Cornmeal Jalapeno and Fresh Corn Scones
Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light, September 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 3Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 4Stir in corn and pepper.
- 5Add buttermilk, stirring just until moist (dough will be slightly sticky).
- 6Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 2 or 3 times with lightly floured hands.
- 7Pat the dough into a 9-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 8Cut dough into 12 wedges, cutting into, but not through, dough.
- 9Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Cool on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Jalapeno and Fresh Corn Scones
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 277.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: