Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The cornmeal coating on the breasts makes a very crispy crust, the trick to this is make certain your oil is hot before browning. I used 1/4 cup Maille mustard and 1/4 cup honey mustard for this recipe and that worked really well.
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or regular salt)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (can use 2-3 tablespoons fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between fingers, or 2 tablespoons fresh thyme)
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup honey mustard
- 3 large eggs, slighty beaten
- 7 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup oil (more as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a dish large enough to hold up to 7 chicken breasts.
- Using a mallet, pound the breasts into about 1/3 - 1/2-inch thickness between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- In a bowl mix together bread crumbs, cornmeal, parsley, thyme 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs and mustard.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the egg/mustard mixture to coat well, then into the cornmeal mixture to coat well (shake off any excess breadcrumbs).
- In a skillet heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in half of the coated chicken to the skillet and cook until golden (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Transfer to prepared baking dish, and repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Bake chicken for about 8-10 minutes until cooked through.