Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice meal
- 1 1⁄2 cups shortening
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lb steak, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare a saucepan with nonstick spray.
- Combine the round steak, potatoes, carrots, onion and mushrooms in the saucepan and cover with the water.
- Add the seasonings and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often, uncovered, until carrots are almost done.
- Most of the water should evaporate.
- Set aside to cool.
- (Add optional sauce or gravy.).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and skim milk, and mix together until you get a firm dough.
- Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each one into a ball.
- Roll out the balls, one at a time on a floured board, into 6-inch circles.
- Place about ½ cup of the filling on one side of the circle.
- Cover the filling with the dough and crimp the edges together.
- Place on a baking sheet that has been covered with foil and prepared with nonstick spray.