Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Fix this for a special dinner to impress your guests or for a romantic dinner for the one you love. You may need to decrease the sage if the stuffing mix already has sage in it.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 4 Cornish hens
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a roasting pan with foil.
- Melt the butter and stir in 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper, sage, onion, and celery. Cook until the veggies are soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in the stuffing and 1/4 cup water. Stir until absorbed and cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the hens with the remaining salt and pepper. Fill the cavities of the hens with the stuffing and truss.
- Roast until the meat thermometer in the thigh reads 180 degrees, about an hour and 15 minutes.