1/1 Photo of Cornish Game Hens With Bacon and Cranberry Sauce
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From The Star of Texas Cookbook by the Junior League of Houston. Here for future use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Season hens with salt and pepper.
- 3Place, cut side down, in large shallow roasting pan.
- 4Put 1/2 slice of bacon on each half hen.
- 5Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 6Dissolve bouillon cube in the boiling water and add to the bottom of the pan.
- 7Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until juice runs clear when thigh is pierced with a fork. Baste often with pan drippings.
- 8When hens are done, remove to a serving platter.
- 9Pour pan drippings into medium saucepan.
- 10Blend flour into the drippings.
- 11Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until browned.
- 12Gradually add 1 cup of water. Cook, stirring contanstly, until smooth and thickened.
- 13Stir in cranberry sauce and mushrooms.
- 14Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 15Simmer 10 minutes and serve over the hens.
- 16Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornish Game Hens With Bacon and Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 223.1 mg
- Sodium 962.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 51.1 g