Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking for an easy, healthy way to fix chicken fingers that my 4 yo would like. This is what I came up with. Very mild ranch/chili flavor. If you like hotter, please add more hot sauce and or cayenne pepper. If you chose to do this on boneless breasts, increase cook time to 30 mins. Note: Prep time does not include marinade time.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup fat free ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Mix dressing, milk and hot sauce. Pour over chicken in sealed container. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes longer if you have time.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°F Spray nonstick pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Mix crumbs and spices. Dredge chicken in crumb mixture shaking off excess. Place chicken on prepared pan and place in oven for 15 to 20 mins or till 160°F.
- Serve with your favorite dippers.
This was really easy to prepare, I decided to make the family chicken breasts and in the future I think I would make just chicken fingers because the coating all fell off and burned on the chicken, I would suggest if your baking a chicken breast, perdue thinly sliced cutlets may work better. Thanks for sharing.
What a lovely recipe MsSally. We enjoyed this chicken recipe very much. The crust was crisp and the chicken was spicy, tender and moist. I did use the hot sauce and cayenne pepper. Thanks for sharing.
The flavor of these tenders was very yummy, however I did not give 5 stars because for some reason the bottoms of my tenders were just soggy. I will make them again though, hopefully that was just a mistake on my part!