Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 30 mins
Make and share this Cornflake, Pecan, and Marshmallow-Topped Sweet Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
Sweet Potato Filling
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes (about 5 medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornflakes cereal, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Prepare filling: preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake sweet potatoes on a baking sheet 1 hour or until tender.
- Decrease oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Let potatoes stand until cool to touch (about 20 minutes); peel and mash with a potato masher.
- Beat mashed sweet potatoes, 2 T softened butter, and next 5 ingredients (brown sugar through vanilla) at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Prepare topping: stir together crushed cornflakes, pecans, and 1 T brown sugar and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato in diagonal rows 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let stand 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows in alternate rows between cornflake mixture, and bake 10 more minutes.