Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Beth Hensperger; originally developed in the 30s by Dr. Clive McCay, who worked at Cornell University. A high-protein bread made with soy flour.
1 1/2 lb loaf
- 1 1⁄8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 tablespoons bread flour
- 1⁄3 cup full-fat soy flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 1 tablespoon bread machine yeast)
- Place ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on dark and program for Whole Wheat cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.