Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy, and always a hit. Everyone is always surprised when I tell them what the glaze is. It doesn't sound very good but it's execellent.
- Place Corned beef, garlic and bay leaves in crockpot and cover with water.
- Cook until done.
- 8 hours usually on low.
- Take out of crockpot and place fat side up in ovenproof dish.
- Score the fat.
- Mix ingredients for glaze, pour over corned beef (saving just alittle).
- Place in preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out slice and pour remaining glaze over the top.
Excellent! Served it to family on New Year's Day along with cabbage and black-eyed peas. The glaze is wonderful. It would be as good on ham, pork roast, or pork chops. Leftover corned beef makes great sandwiches! Thanks for a great recipe -- taste and simplicity!
Oh, my goodness! This is the best I've ever had. I've made it twice now, getting rave reviews from company each time. I didn't add the garlic or the bay leaves (maybe I will next time to see what I'm missing); I only used the seasoning packet that comes with the packaged corned beef I bought. The maple syrup and horseradish are a perfect balance to the beef's saltiness. A million thanks for this simple yet amazing recipe!