Recipe by LAURIE
A twist on the traditional ham, cheese, bread, breakfast strata. This one makes you think of corned beef hash, esp if you decide to add some cooked potatoes to it. This is great as a extra dish to add to a brunch and is equally as good for lunch or as a light supper. A super way to use up leftover corned beef and/or rye bread. This needs to refrigerate overnite.
- 10 slices rye bread, cut into 3/4 inch cubes (I usually make this when I have made rye bread and there is some left over, I cut enough cubes to co)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked corned beef
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 13x9 baking dish.
- Arrange cubes on the bottom.
- Coarsely slice the corned beef and arrange over the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Beat eggs with milk and pepper.
- Pour over all.
- Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnite.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes more.
- Serve immediately.