Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a skillet creamed corn recipe that is a mix of many different recipes I've found. I'm writing it down for safe keeping, so I don't forget how I made it.
- 5 ears corn or 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno flavored cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- If using fresh corn, cook in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and let cool, and cut kernels off cobs.
- Cook bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels, reserving 1-2 tablespoons of the bacon grease. Crumble bacon.
- Heat onions in bacon grease over medium heat until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add corn kernels and bacon crumbles to skillet. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add sour cream and Jalapeño cream cheese. Stir and reduce heat, simmering for about 5 minutes or until mixture slightly thickens.
- Stir in green onions. Add salt and pepper to taste.