Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I often times just steam some broccoli & cauliflower & season it LIGHTLY! Now & then I like a little variation, & this recipe does the trick!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of corn soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups carrots, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat the soup & milk to boiling, stirring often.
- Stir in the vegetables, & return to boiling.
- Cover & cook over low heat about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring often.
- If using the cheddar cheese, stir it in & heat through.
Very tasty and easy veggie dish! I couldn't find cream of corn soup so I used chicken corn chowder; since it wasn't condensed I only added 1/4 cup of milk. The soup and cheese created a yummy creamy sauce for the veggies that we really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was a good recipe, and I would love to give this another 1/2 a star, but I did Feel it was lacking some seasonings. I used 3/4 cup of cheese, because my family likes such things cheesy, but we all agreed that adding some salt and pepper, and some dried parsley (which my father added to his plate and enjoyed) would have been ideal.
Sorry but this was just okay. It's a good idea but needs something...will try again because it's quick and healthy but will adjust the recipe a bit to suit our tastes...