Texas Two-Step Corn Medley
From Taste of Home Prize Winning Recipes, 2008, the recipe for this side dish has been slightly tweaked for our tastes.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 medium summer squash, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons green chilies, chopped (canned)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mexicorn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a medium skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add squash, garlic, chilies & lemon pepper, continuing to saute until squash is crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, cooking & stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then cover & let stand until cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was good. I made it for a yellow vegetable to go with my Christmas Eve meal. I loved the idea of mixing squash and corn! I used fresh corn and added diced red bell pepper, green bell pepper to substitute for the canned corn. I enjoyed this dish, but most of my guests preferred the regular fried corn that I usually served. I made this for Everyday is a Holiday tag.