I based this recipe on one called "Hannah's Corn Sauté" in the cookbook named "Cheap. Fast. Good!". We all liked it. It is nice as a change to normal veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon green onions (more or less, to your taste) or 1/2 small onion, chopped (more or less, to your taste)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled (2 medium sized ones) or 1 cup zucchini (1 medium sized one, See note)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence or 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon of your favourite spices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
- 1If using bacon: Cover a microwave-safe plate with 2 paper towels. Place the bacon on the plate, cover with another paper towel, and microwave on high power until just crisp, 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- 2Place the corn in a colander and rinse it with warm water to partially defrost. Set aside to drain well. Toss the corn in the colander from time to time to help it drain.
- 3Combine the oil and the margarine/butter in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. While the oil mixture is heating, chop the onions, adding to the skillet as you chop. Slice the carrots into small-ish pieces. Or if using zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces. Add the carrots/zucchini to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent (and the carrots have softened a bit).
- 4Add the corn and the herbs and stir to mix well. Cover and steam until heated through, 4 - 8 minutes (The carrots will take longer to cook).
- 5Crumble the bacon, if using, over the vegetables and toss to mix well. Season with salt and black pepper. Serve at once.
- 6NOTE: Any fresh vegetable can be substituted for the carrots or zucchini: 1 cup chopped green or red bell pepper, chopped fresh spinach would work too. Use your favourite!
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Sauté
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence