Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Does Yummy count as a description? (Preparation time includes marination time)
- 3 portabella mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1⁄2 lb sweet corn
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 lb baby lettuce
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh chives (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Marinate mushrooms for 45min in vinegar,olive oil,water and sugar.
- While mushrooms marinate, mix corn,tomatoes,onions,lettuce,pepper,parsley,chives,salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the marinated mushrooms over the salad or keep to the side and dip.
Great salad! I ended up leaving the lettuce out since it looked (and tasted) so amazing without it. A half pound of fresh corn kernels measured almost two cups (4 small ears). DH loves parsley so I added probably two cups of that. I decided to marinate the onions with the portabellos to take a little of the bite out of them. I have never had portabellos raw, so was surprised that they were great just marinated. It is a refreshing and yummy salad, and would be great for picnics, barbecues or potlucks. Feeds at least 6.