Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a really new twist on the corn pudding my mom made for Thanksgiving every year. This recipe makes 12 servings so you can cut it in half if you wish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions (chopped)
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (seeded and finely chopped)
- 3 cups kernel corn (fresh or frozen)
- 24 slices French bread (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 cups skim milk
- fresh herb, green onion curls, red pepper strips (optional)
- In medium skillet heat butter,add onions,green onions,jalapeno peppers and cook until tender,3-4 minutes.
- Stir in corn, cook until heated through.
- Layer 12 slices bread on bottom of a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with corn mixture.
- Place remaining bread slices on top.
- Combine eggs and milk in bowl and carefully pour over layers.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Bake uncovered in a 350* oven about 45 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Garnish with herb sprigs, curled green onions and red peppers if desired.