Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Yumm-o and extremely easy! From Rival Crock Pot Recipe Book.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 4 -5 ears corn, husked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly mix butter, garlic and parsley in small bowl.
- Place each ear of corn on a piece of foil and generously spread on butter. Season corn with salt and pepper and tightly seal foil. Place corn in crock pot slow cooker; over lap ears, if necessary. Add enough water to come 1/4 of the way up each ear.
- Cover; cook on low 4 to 5 hours or on High 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until done.
I wonder if the previous poster that said the butter ruined this even tried this. This is awesome. Smearing lots of butter on an ear of corn in a ritual where I come from. This was really good and an easy way to fix corn for a busy family. We LOVED it. I used even more butter than the recipe called for.....YUMMY.
Yet another excellent twissis-proof recipe. Since prior reviewers were of mixed opinion on issues of butter amt, salt, water, etc, I opted to put my own spin on your recipe. I used lrg ears of frozen corn & expected excess moisture, so I didn't bother with wrapping the corn or using water. I just put the corn in the crock-pot, drenched it w/the garlic herb butter (made as written) & then let my guests salt & pepper their portions at the table plus add more butter sauce as desired. Love the no-muss, no-fuss cooking method & the outcome. Thx for posting this recipe for us.
1/2 cup of butter is a lot of fat to be adding to that meal. It ruins what should be healthy meal.