Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a very old recipe which was made often for my son's lunch and after school snacks for his basketball team mates who would come to visit after the game.
- 3⁄4 cup dates
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (toasted if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot (very finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange (rind grated)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (with the pod seeds if you can)
- 6 cups corn flakes
- Melt butter, corn syrup, brown sugar until sugar is dissolved bring mixture to a boil remove immediately add vanilla and cereal and fruit mixture.
- Press into a greased 9X9 pan and refrigerate.