1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Thick, creamy, and so delicious! My boyfriend loves it and nearly licks the bowl every time. I got it from the Storytellers Cafe at the Disneyland Resort. I don't use hot sauce and i've served it a few times without the cilantro when i didn't have any and it's still amazing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ears fresh corn, unshucked
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 slices bacon, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 yukon gold potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup pulled chicken meat
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2To roast corn, put whole ears in their husks into preheated oven for 25 minutes. Cool briefly, then peel back the husks and cut the kernels off the cobs; set aside.
- 3Saute diced bacon. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the fat and add onion and garlic and saute until transparent but not brown. Add the roasted corn, potato, and chicken stock. Bring to a simmer.
- 4Meanwhile, in a separate saute pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, incorporating with a wire whip until the mixture is smooth. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring, until mixture begins to loosen slightly. Let cool.
- 5Add the cooled butter/flour mixture to the simmering broth, incorporating with a whisk. Stir often to keep from sticking to the bottom of a pan. Simmer 30 to 40 minutes.
- 6Add the cream and pulled chicken meat and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, cook the bacon for garnish until crisp. Drain and chop into small pieces; set aside.
- 8Add salt, pepper, and hot sauce, to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with garnish of bacon and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.5
- Calories from Fat 680
- Total Fat 75.6 g
- Saturated Fat 42.7 g
- Cholesterol 231.4 mg
- Sodium 715.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: