1/2 Photos of Corn Boats With Zucchini and Pepper Jack Cheese
These take a little bit of work to make the corn boats, but the presentation is outstanding and guests always rave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pull a lengthwise strip of corn husk (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide) from each ear to expose a strip of kernels and discard husk strip.
- 2Carefully peel back remaining husks, keeping them attached to stem ends, and snap ears from stem ends.
- 3Discard silk from husks.
- 4Tear a thin strip from a tender, inner piece of each husk and use it to tie loose end of each husk together, forming a boat.
- 5Cut corn kernels from ears and discard cobs.
- 6In a large heavy skillet heat oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and sauté zucchini, stirring occasionally, until browned lightly and just tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Transfer zucchini with slotted spoon to a bowl and season with salt.
- 8In oil remaining in skillet sauté corn kernels and onion with salt to taste over moderately high heat, stirring, 4 minutes and cook, covered, over low heat until corn is crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Add corn mixture to zucchini and season with salt.
- 10Cool filling and stir in cheese.
- 11Spoon filling into husk boats. (Corn boats may be prepared up to this point 1 day ahead and kept chilled, covered.).
- 12Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 13Arrange boats on a baking sheet and sprinkle filling with tortilla crumbs.
- 14Bake boats in upper third of oven until cheese is melted and filling is heated through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 15Serve corn boats warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corn Boats With Zucchini and Pepper Jack Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.6
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 161.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 12.0 g