Spicy Mac & Cheese
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 cup mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni, cooked
- 8 ounces mexican chorizo sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pickled jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add the flour and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Whisk the milk in slowly, then stir in the chili powder, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until thick.
- Stir in the cheeses until completely melted. Then stir in the pasta, chorizo, and pickled jalapenos.
- Spread into an even layer in an 8”x10” baking dish. Top with crushed tortilla chips and bake until bubbling around the edges, about 20 minutes, until bubbling around the edges.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!