Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
It's summer and the veggies from your garden or the farmer's market are divine! Here is a simple salad that is long on flavor. The dressing gives it a slightly sweet and slighting hot tangy deliciousness. Serve as a side or add some grilled shrimp or tofu (for vegans) and make it a meal
- 1 cob fresh sweet corn
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1 red sweet bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Thai chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mango balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Steam corn and beans for 8 minutes.
- Cool under cold running water.
- Cut corn off cob.
- Cut beans into one inch pieces.
- Dice onion and pepper.
- Place corn, beans, onion and pepper into mixing bowl.
- Prepare Dressing:.
- Mix in all ingredients up to the oil.
- Wisk the ingredients and, while whisking, drizzle in the oil slowly so that it emulsifies.
- Pour about 1/2 of the dressing on the salad. Reserve the rest for another salad or add more to your liking.
- Add freshly ground salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be eaten right away but it is better if it marinates in the dressing.