Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from The Food of Spain and Portugal. Chicken, pork or rabbit can also be cooked this way.
- 2 lbs boneless lamb, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat lamb dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Saute lamb until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers to pot and saute over moderate heat until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook until mixture is well-blended, about 5 minutes. Return lamb to pot, along with any accumulated juices.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until lamb is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.