Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Lime juice adds fresh flavor while nuts add some crunch. They’re especially refreshing during the warm summer months.
- 236.59 ml butter, melted
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 118.29 ml ground almonds
- 4 eggs
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml lime juice
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml lime zest
- 0.06-0.13 ml green food coloring (optional)
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, lime juice, flour, baking powder, lime peel and food coloring if desired; beat until frothy. Pour over hot crust. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into squares.